View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #79
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverss View Post
The first step is to convert mobi to mobi to ensure ASIN is available on the mobi file. I did a convert to AZW file just to be sure I got ASIN info onto the file.

In addition I think the plugin has a problem with Database number being misidentified. I haven't checked the code yet and I am not good at python so someone else can verify if this is indeed the problem. Database name is mandatory, except when there is no database name in which case the Database name is a blank the same as the database name on the AZW file.
Thanks for this.

For the database name, the Calibre plugin pretty much just takes the first 32 bytes and converts them to a string (dropping 00 bytes). So for a free edition of Frankenstein which I downloaded from Amazon, I get "Frankenstein-ecraft_Shelley".

The plugin doesn't have any special code to deal with the database name being blank. Then again, if "blank" means encoded with "00" bytes, then it shouldn't need any.

If anyone has a specific mobi for which the plugin doesn't work, and if they can work out what's gone wrong with the XRay format, that would be great. Or if they could run mobi2mobi to get the headers from the mobi file, and post what's in the top of the generated XRay file, that might help too.
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote