View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 12:35 AM   #26
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Hey, all! Long time no see!

Me want. Very much. It's everything I like about my iLiad, but better.

Anyway, I thought I'd point out a brand-new demo video of this thing over on YouTube. Among the features mentioned by the Plastic Logic representative in the video:
  • The touchscreen allows for note-taking and document markup.
  • There will be an onscreen keyboard.
  • Weighs less than a pound.
  • They expect to release a color model in 3-5 years (!!)
No mention of battery life yet.

It looks to me like the entire reader is 8.5"x11", which means the screen is somewhat smaller. I did a quick measurement using a screenshot from the YouTube video, and assuming that the entire reader is letter-sized, the screen would be about 6.5"x8.4", or 165x213mm, or about A5 paper size. In comparison, the iLiad's screen is 122x163mm (A6+), and the Sony Reader and Kindle screens are 90x120mm (A7+).

Anyway, it looks pretty cool. I hope it actually goes into production.
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote