View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 05:51 AM   #10
eksor
Connoisseur
eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs700, i-mate JAMin, smartq v7, GeeksPhone Zero, iPad 3rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobAccommodation View Post
First of all, thank you all for your unvaluable help.

I work for a little company wich main target is helping and improving the life of disabled and elderly people. (www.jobaccommodation.es our intention is to update the web in english, sorry about that... ).

A couple of associations proposed us to develop an accesible ereader for people with low mobility (as cerebral paralysis, ..) or low vision. Then we decided to design our own ereader with a usable graphic interface and a remote controller (a simplified bluetooth keyboard, for example) to control it. That's the main idea.

We have experience in C, C++ and Java languages and we have tested the Android SDK. We are Linux users but none of us have experience in building the OS itself.

I hope you could better now understand our situation. Thank you again for your help!
Hi:

I've worked with disabled people many many years ago, adapting switches in order to be pushed with different parts of the body and writing rather simple apps. By far, the best achievement during my whole life was the day when a 33 years old woman could write her name for the first time.

I wish you the best in your job and, perhaps, some moderator could think on a dedicated sub-forum or a sticky thread for this.

Just a comment, there are eink based ereaders with freely available sdk, like kindle (java based) and (i think) jinke (one of the models has a 9.7" screen size).

Finally there is a project, called open inkpot, that is aimed to port Linux to many eink based ereaders http://openinkpot.org/

Regards
eksor is offline   Reply With Quote