View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 07:24 AM   #59
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
I have been setting the genre tag in iTunes to be the series name when I add the book myself. I then set the disc number to be series number.

I would be in favor of using series data in preference to any tags.
I've been implementing the code to use Series name as the iTunes/iBooks Category. The good news is that it works fine under OSX; the bad news is that it doesn't work under Windows.

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the iTunes automation interface.

I'll leave the code in place with the hope that improvements in the automation interface are on the way.

G

Edit: I'm now rewriting the metadata when sending epubs to the iDevice, so I'm simply deleting the tags in the epub if a Series name is present. That allows the Series name to be used as the Category.

Last edited by GRiker; 06-15-2010 at 12:12 PM.