View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 05:09 PM   #15
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
No sir I take no offense being called an ignoramus.
Actually your right about the general public not knowing much of what is out there. But one point you must understand the ebook industry has grown quick and it is hars to keep up with technology. Not only are there many players in the industry but each player has several products to chose from. Personally I think it will get worse as now there is new screen technology that can accomplish what the eInk claim to fame is. When I jumped in I could count all the models with my hands.
But getting back to your point I was not aware the whole industry existed until I saw the kindle advertise on there front page of Amazon. And even then I was not aware ther were other players in the market until I received the sony 505 for a gift.
=X=
I am an ignoramus in most subjects, and a genius in only one. You could say I am a genius at being an ignoramus.

One think that i can't fault the Kindle for, what I actually 'praise' the Kindle for, is that it put the e-ink ebook reader in the news. Granted, Sony did it's part, but they targeted book readers more specifically, whereas Kindle targeted everyone.

That being said, I feel that the more ebook readers to come to market, the better you'll be able to find one that fits your niche, your style. Once they do away with all the DRM schemes and proprietary formats, where we can find the one reader that suits our needs, without worry of having to purchase from this store, or that website, the better the market will be.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote