View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
the more i think about it, the more it kind of bugs me that my annotated kindle copies would be for my access only, for the duration of my, or amazon's lifetime.
I have not heard of anyone doing this, but you should be able to share your annotations with any other Kindle owner. They are stored as plain text, and the location within the ebook is particular to that ebook edition but does not change between Kindles. The new sync capability may do this automatically for all Kindle's registered to a single account (although I am not sure about this).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
assuming that right of first sale is *nowhere* on the kindle horizon..
I wonder if Amazon will eventually establish a resale market for Kindle ebooks. The only reason not to do so I can see is that it would annoy authors and publishers even more than they are now (e.g. with read aloud). Amazon is in a unique position to do this, because they have end to end control of the DRM and the Kindles. The ebook would be be deleted (by Amazon) from the sellers account and devices and authorized on the buyers account.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote