View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #57
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
All it needs it better programming. The rate of time taken to scan an increasing number of books points purely to poor coding. This could be fixed by a firmware upgrade, if they felt it was worth spending the time on.
While I would agree with you that that is probably true, I am not entirely ready to proclaim that they're "bad programmers" not knowing anything about the specific problems they encountered or the solutions they implemented. We only get to see the end result, and there could be a lot of factors involved. The method I suggested could use the programming solutions they already have. It would be a matter of merely modifying a small bit of code so the function that indexes a single file gets called only on the opened folder (non-recursively), and not on the whole filesystem.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote