View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #28
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Despite my horrendous experience with Kobo "customer service" I was seriously considering a Glo or Aura as I'm having a recurrent issue with Nook Glowlight screen defects. However once you mention a bright dot on the screen, I think Kobos might have the same problem. And unlike B&N I'm 100% sure Kobo won't replace the defective unit. B&N just replaced my STG for the third time, even though I'm one month out of the warranty period. I'll stick with the company that at least backs up their product.
Kobo claim to use different technology for the light. There were some problems when they were first released. I haven't heard of anyone not getting theirs replaced. Also, I have never heard of the light guide being damaged while the device was in use.

There have been a lot fewer reports of this with the Aura.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote