View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #648
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynax View Post
I just say the truth: many people's Kindle bricked because the partition been filled up. At least I have two Kindles bricked because of this and saw many in other peoples' hands. And my NAS died too because of this. Under both of the situation, well I can't see you can use root to recover it. You need to boot another system to save it.
I did write how the intended protection could be over-ridden in the field. If you over-ride those protections, then the system can "fill up".

If you do not over-ride or subvert those protections, your system can not "fill up" to the point where the administrative user can not recover it.

I.E: The problem is one of implementation under local control, not of design.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote