View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #5
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
UK prices announced today

OK, weird quoting myself but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermillard View Post
Prices here in the UK are £999 for the MBP, so applying the same logic suggests an iPad price of £416; I'd be happy if that translated to £399 for convenience, but wouldn't be surprised if it was £449 <shrug>

Fingers crossed, we'll find out soon enough...
And lo, there we were:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...cing-announced

"Apple's price for the 16GB version of the Wi-Fi only iPad is £429 (including VAT) while the 32GB version is £499 and 64GB is £599..."

So using the "percentage of Macbook Pro price" multiplier, they've 'rounded up' the 16Gb's £416 to a ticket-friendly £429, the 64Gb's £583 to £599, and the 32Gb stays pretty much bang on £499.

I can live with that

Pete
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote