Thread: eBook prices
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 12:21 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermynd
Hmmmm. Thanks for the comments guys. I guess the one thing that sticks with me is that I think eInk technology was supposed to be super inexpensive. I'm sure that if they start pumping out the stuff we will see commodity pricing on it eventually but I know that initially it was supposed to be super light, super cheap and super good.
I don't recall anyone saying it should be cheap to make, certainly not initially ... really low power consumption yes, but I don't remember cheap -- my memory could be playing with me though.

I agree that when more folks are making the stuff it'll get cheaper real quick, but that's back to economies of scale again. I wonder how long PVI's and Phillips' exclusive manufacturing licenses are good for, anyway.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote