View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 04:25 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Can't save to disk in single directory

This afternoon I finished the latest ebook I've designed for the MR library, validated it, and converted it from ePub to mobi (both) which will contain mobi and azw3 versions. calibre indicated that the conversion to mobi was complete.

I then wanted to save both versions to a single directory - I've done this a fair few times now so as to be able to upload the ePub version to the ePub directory in the MR library, and the mobi version to the mobi directory. But calibre wouldn't let me save the files. The error message is

calibre, version 1.42.0
WARNING: Could not save some books: Could not save some books, Click the show details button to see which ones.

Mary Barton
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\save_to_disk.py", line 440, in save_serialized_to_disk
File "site-packages\calibre\library\save_to_disk.py", line 312, in do_save_book_to_disk
ValueError: Failed to calculate path for save to disk. Template: {author_sort}/{title}/{title} - {authors}
Error: 'Formatter' object has no attribute 'strip_results'

I'm as certain as I can be that I used exactly the same procedure to convert and save to disk in a single directory for this ebook as I did for the last one three weeks or so ago and the others before that. And I tried to save another ebook to disk in a single directory which I saved to disk successfully months ago but got exactly the same error message.

What am I doing wrong? Is there any other way to get access to the mobi version?

The ePub version validates, and works perfectly well on my Sony T3, Kobo Touch, and iPad2 with iBooks and Marvin, so I'm sure the problem is not with the ebook. I'm now going to upload it to the ePub directory - Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell - if anyone wants to check it out.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote