Thread: Google Nexus 7
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 12:32 AM   #46
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
My 16GB N7 came yesterday too. The crackle movie applet plays some nice streaming movies (sort of like a cable tv channel). Also, the police scanner applet has my local police and fire on it (which was interesting to listen to). The first few attempts at rooting failed, but finally succeeded using the latest one-button rooter on a REAL win7 box (it did not work in a VM for some reason, but even on the REAL win7 box, I had to keep killing adb.exe every time it was "waiting for device ready" (or similar message) for too long. Killing adb.exe with task manager allowed it to continue, and it eventually completed successfully (and all is well rooted).

I still may get the next Kindle Fire (if it has SD card slot). We shall see. Anyway, the N7 fits in a shirt or pants pocket just fine, where the iPad or asus transformer is just too darned big. I like that (but I am nearsighted so the tiny high resolution screen works just fine for me.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote