View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 08:28 AM   #10
mylesau
Enthusiast
mylesau began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hey roguefan99, nope that is the problem, the eBooks aren't anywhere!

After not having any response from Borders, I poked around their website today and found their 'Request System'. I had to setup a new password to access it. It appears this is where my original request ended up and low and behold they had closed it with the following comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borders Customer Service
Many thanks for your email. The problem of no links in the eLibrary has now been fixed.

Please check your eLibrary now and you should see the links to be able to access and download your books.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.
I really have a problem with helpdesks that close problems without actually confirming that the problem has been fixed - its a closed loop thing - you have to actually check with the client/customer that the problem has been fixed...

Anyway, this is a pretty poor system that when a problem is solved it's flagged in the 'Request System' but the requester is not informed!

Sorry having a bit of a rant.

I logged another request that contained a lot of exclamation marks and referred back to the original ticket that was closed when the problem had not been solved.

After I'd thought about it, I came to the conclusion that the request would probably take another week to action...so I rang them up. To give Borders Australia some credit where it's due, their Online Support staff are very courteous and professional. The lady who answered the call asked for the order number and very quickly confirmed the problem (so how is it that they closed the original request?). She passed it onto the technical staff and indicated that they would ring me back before the end of the day, and they did.

The jist of it is, that Borders Australia have no control over the issue, it falls back to Kobo Canada. So a request was sent to Kobo Canada to 'fix' the problem. They are about 14 hours behind us, so that means it may actually get fixed today (Friday) or at least for me, by tomorrow (Saturday).

I won't be notified of when it's fixed, I just have to keep checking...I'm not holding my breath...

I'll update when I actually have a copy of the ePub on my computer...7 days have passed since the instant access was supposed to have occurred...still waiting Kobo Canada!!!
mylesau is offline   Reply With Quote