View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Greetings,

Am I alone in printing out ebooks a section at a time for reading? I've discovered that I can efficiently get a decent printable file by printing to pdf from within calibre's ebook-viewer. I then go to the library and print out as much as my daily ration will allow. After reading, I can either recycle the book or tuck it away in a binder for future reference. Am I weird or is this more common than I imagine; I mean there are benefits: no batteries, no worries about cracking a fragile e-ink screen or getting it wet (within reason). And if I lose it, it's not a big deal. There are also ebooks that don't look so great on the small screens of the current devices. What do you all think?

Luqman
No... I've heard there are whole colonies of self-labeled 'anti-environment luddites' who've also formed a similar strategy. Of course, most of those work for BP.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote