View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 02:43 AM   #5
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
I think the interrobang is the only one that readers would understand. People already do use the two-character equivalent, "?!".

The rhetorical question mark could possibly be of some use, but readers wouldn't understand it. I don't think it would be of much use, as it's usually pretty clear when a question is rhetorical. And just because a question is rhetorical doesn't mean it shouldn't be answered. A rhetorical question is often used to make a statement, and if that statement is flawed, one way to expose that flaw is to answer the question?

The others, I don't see a lot of use for them, even if people could be taught them.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote