View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 01:07 AM   #8
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
You might add that while B&N apply their own version of DRM, it can be removed with a plug-in for Calibre which will produce a standard epub file that should be readable across platforms. The plug-in and a bunch of other tools/plug-ins can be found at [google apprentice alf - MODERATOR] and should only be used on ebooks that belong to you.

I mention this only because in my mind DRM that prevents you from using a book that you paid for on other devices or platforms you own does not protect the author or publisher, it merely restricts the user. You paid for the privilege of reading the book, why should the company you bought the book from determine which devices must be used to read it? I do not feel it should be necessary to give up material I've paid for because I prefer reading it on another company's device which I may own now or in the future.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-26-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: .com address deleted.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote