View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 08:49 PM   #11
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
I may not have needed both, but I definitely needed the bootable CWM, since my NC wouldnt get past the Touch The Future Screen. I used the bootable CWM to flash boot to stock, so then the NC came back to life, and I used rommanager to reinstall CWM. Perhaps I could have simply flashed CWM to internal.
That makes sense. I also wonder whether the pre-rooted update zip applies cleanly from the CWM SD. If it does, then folks who are not comfortable with replacing boot could try it out. Wouldn't want to recommend it without trying it myself and I'm too lazy to go through more restores right now (I probably did 3 or 4 over the past couple days, so I have a fair amount of comfort with the integrity of my restore files and installed CWM).

There is one case where I can see restore failing to get one completely back to a working state, though -- if your BN keys are updated, then prior restores will have bad data for BN apps (although this might fix it)
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote