View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 07:50 AM   #6
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberhill View Post
Hi - I got a Kobo for Christmas and since then I have been using the Borders Desktop app to add new books to my library. My problem is that every time I do a sync the list of books I'M Reading goes haywire - those I am reading are no longer there and those I have finished reading are back on the list.

Am I doing something wrong?
You are not alone. My "I'm Reading..." list sometimes goes crazy when I "sync" with the Borders/Kobo Desktop app as well. Same version as you and all that.

I e-mailed Kobo support for help but that was quite some time ago now and they have not responded. (That's customer support for ya, huh? Even Canada can't get it right, so India is not as bad as I thought).

For now, I try to avoid the Borders/Kobo Desktop like that plague it is. You can purchase the books in the Desktop application, don't sync, and then go sign in to your Borders.com account, visit your eBook library, and load the books through Adobe Digital Editions there.

Watch out though, occasionally a book purchased through the Desktop application and then downloaded through ADE will refuse to work. God's Problem by Bart Ehrman is my most recent example. When loaded through ADE, it just straight up won't work on my Kobo eReader. But synced through the Desktop application it is perfectly fine.

Argh!

We eBook readers live in a less than perfectly de luxe world.

Last edited by Anthem; 01-03-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote