View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #11
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I have no complaints about my Paperwhite 2012, apart from the lack of font choices/sizes.

There have been reports that the Paperwhite 2013 nags about wanting internet access when you change collections, because that reader supports syncing collections through the Amazom cloud. If you want collections, but don't want to always have the reader online (to save battery, for one), the KPW 2013 might not be a good choice. Granted, I don't know how serious this problem is, or if it is maybe even solved already.
You can add fonts onto the PaperWhite Katsunami. I found a post here way back when I got mine that explained how to do it. I wrote down the steps so I'd have them handy if something happened and I had to reinstall them again.

Quote:
1. Connect PW to computer
2. Create file 'use_alt_fonts' (a text file as I recall)
3. Create folder 'fonts'
4. Copy fonts to the folder (from your computer)
5. Disconnect PW from computer
6. Restart PW. Menu>Settings>Menu>restart
When it restarts you have the additional fonts available to you.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote