View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
That would be very device- and settings-dependent. In my device, with my settings, there's nothing at the bottom, the whole screen is available for the text. Besides, if I activate the footer, a line/rule is drawn and, without a margin, the text could clash with the line (or not, that depends on how this is actually implemented); other devices display the "status bar" with black background, which would be pretty much the same. In any case, your same argument could be use for the top margin, as I could also enable a header in my device (showing the book title and author).

This shows why it is a good idea to keep style simple and compact. Simple styles are easy to understand and modify, if a user thinks the bottom margin is too large.
But, given that the recommendation is for a very small margin, this footer would still get text on top of it. If the Reader does not push the text up when the footer is activated, then it's a bug in the reader app. Don't penalize others for a bug in your reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote