View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #15241
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post

Next up is my latest purchase Murder Most Holy by Paul Doherty. (As opposed to pdurrant who lets 5 years pass before reading, I read all my latest buys. )

My first with this author.
Writing was competent but the story had a few "wha?" moments. The clues were obvious because they stood out like a beacon. And so much drinking! Every paragraph someone was (over)drinking wine, mead, ale and watered wine. The book has three mysteries in the plot, none connected, which I found disappointing. I won't read any more from this author. Rated C- [2 stars]. A few OCR errors that any spell check would have located.

Next is a freebie. On Basilisk Station by David Weber. Immediately, I'm disappointed. The galactic map is truncated in the prologue. At least it is on my 650. The entire map is displayed on Baen's sample online so it must be due to ebook conversion.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote