View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 04:29 AM   #8
mzmm
Groupie
mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: iPad, Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And just what is wrong with using iBooks to test your eBooks?
sorry if i was unclear - book proofer does test using ibooks. it just saves the time of having to unzip/re-zip an epub and then send it to your device via itunes if you're making small adjustments to the code, designing a template, etc.

it allows you to drag an unzipped epub folder into the app, and view it immediately as a normal epub in your ibooks library on an ipad/iphone that's connected to your computer. you can then alter the html/css in a text editor, and upon saving, the device auto-refreshes so that you can see the changes in ibooks immediately, like refreshing a webpage.

i meant that OP might want to try it out to expedite the workflow, especially since it sounds like he may want - in lieu of a hard set of hard how-to-build-for-ios rules - a testing environment to work out the quirks in ibooks for future development.

anyway - it's a bit hard to get ahold of, and only runs it on a mac w lion or mountain lion. i was using a program called DiskAid for the same purpose previously, although had to close/reopen the book whenever i wanted to refresh it.
mzmm is offline   Reply With Quote