View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
I'm in the same boat with with my iPod touch. Here's what you can do:

- install VirtualBox (the PUEL version, not OSE - meaning the one with USB support)

- install MicroXP (TinyXP would be better since it's more "complete") in a 2-3 GB .vdi file. For iTunes I used 2 GB and enabled NTFS compression on drive C: (also disabled the blue file names from the Folder Options), and disabled the pagefile, hibernation.

- give it 384 MB/512 MB/768 MB, depending how much RAM you have, but I'm sure you can probably work with less, like 256 MB... I mean, we are talking about a stripped down Windows version here...

- maybe change the default Windows theme, make it look like something else. For instance you could install LiteStep, make it look different (heck, you can paint a turd, but it's still a turd). I used an OS X theme, wallpaper and cursor. Oh, and disable the boot screen by adding "/noguiboot" to boot.ini (Google it). The WM will start faster.

Last edited by DSpider; 10-19-2011 at 05:07 PM.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote