View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Yep. As pdurrant says, the .azw is strippable and once it is in unencrypted Mobipocket format, it's easy to convert to many other formats using software like the MobiPerl mentioned in that link or Calibre, a very easy and flexible tool written by one of our regulars here at MobileRead.

Most ebook DRMs have been defeated. The only two I can think of that haven't been are Sony's .lrx and Amazon's Topaz. Sadly, books that are in Topaz format at Amazon usually aren't available for purchase in any other format in any other store.
I've noticed that too - books seem to get "locked" into Topaz with no other alternative formats that I can find. Sad - esp. since some wonderful pbooks are showing up as tpz.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote