View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
While looking at the Kobo website Terms and Conditions, I can across the following:

I take this to mean that Kobo can turn any of their devices into a 'With Offers' device, by putting ads on the sleep and power off screens.
Perhaps that's boilerplate to cover the fact that they DID market a 'with offers' device at one point, and tried to write something that covered all devices.

Perhaps they're doing a CYA because some suit-happy person might claim that the Kobo bookstore and device recommendations constitute a 'with offers'/advertising situation.

(Frankly, I don't think you have to be suit-happy to use their devices or website or Desktop for a while and decide that you are using a de facto 'with offers' system - it's just that it's for books, not toothpaste and condoms.)

Just my $0.02
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote