View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 03:35 PM   #12
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
Amazon users may not be likely to switch to B&N, but a few years ago, Amazon wasn't nearly as dominant. With better business decisions, B&N could have competed much more effectively.
When I first started my search for an eInk reader (as a long time e-reader on other devices) the Pearl screens were just starting to come out. It definitely wasn't clear who the dominant player was going to be. For years I'd seen Sony readers in bookstores, Borders was showing the Kobo, and of course the Nook. Kindles were almost invisible to the general public.

I went into my search leaning toward the Sony or Nook. I ended up with a Kindle.

Why? (at the time)
  • The Nook had this split screen UI with a color LCD at the bottom that was SLOW and clunky. Horrid user experience in my opinion.
  • The Kobo felt cheap and didn't have the Pearl screen of the Kindle Keyboard that was starting to show up in stores.
  • The Sony readers seemed to be very high quality, but felt more like using a computer to read to me due to the overly busy UI and the placement of the page turn buttons.

Looking back, I'm glad I went the way that I did.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote