View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 03:11 AM   #345
AllenH
Enthusiast
AllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Well, all worked before I tried the update. Here are the steps I took:
- added update python to the kindle, ejected, updated via settings
- added update linkss to the kindle, ejected, updated via settings

And now no matter how long I wait in various books, I can't seem to get the screensaver to update. Using black option and cover.

I've tried restarting numerous times (settings menu) hard off and on via the button, and nothing.

I'm still at 5.3.1 on a KW PW.

One thing that concerned me is I noticed that the linkss folder was not updated with the current date - meaning that perhaps no files were changed. I assume there should be some files or folders updated inside? Anything I'm doing incorrectly, or pointers?

(all working previously without problems- beautiful hack!)

ps- "reboot" file didn't work for some reason- I'm suspicious the code isn't running for me.

Last edited by AllenH; 01-25-2013 at 03:33 AM. Reason: added ps
AllenH is offline   Reply With Quote