View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
I think the problem is basically one where Starrigger doesn't want to add changes to the css, as it should have been done by Word anyway. I don't know about other authors, but also having worked on his books for formatting, I know that he is very knowledgeable about what he wants in styles.

I also know that if <p> is no indent all the time, (in Word,) the htm commands for the paragraphs add an excessive amount of wording to each and every line when making an htm from the Word docx, which does not always create a css.

Having to 'fiddle' with css every time you want to create an ebook is time better spent writing the next book, or not having your assistant pull out hair, or roll eyes, etc..

If Word worked better with Calibre, and the codes are right for what he wants to do, it would produce a better ebook for everyone.
Have you looked at the filtered HTML Word creates? It is actually correct? Regardless if the issue is in Word or Calibre, you still will need to clean it up so the code is neat and not sloppy. Word makes a mess of things and Calibre just works with what Word gives it. Given what's involved in cleaning things up, fixing a couple of indents is very easy to do.

What I do is make <p> have an indent and put in an indent of 0 in the different styles that need such. It makes things easier in the long run. Plus the code is simpler.

Quote:
BTW: The <p class="center"><span align="center">* * *</span></p>, had to be used for some ebook readers in order to recognize center text at all not so long ago.
Which readers needed to have the span?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote