View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #23
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
If I get a parking ticket, or a speeding ticket, I pay, and my wife and kids don't suffer for my crime.
One ticket, and the effect on our joint checking account is small. But keep it up, and it's a race between insurance becoming unaffordable and the family car being booted.

In the long run, if there is no sanction against book piracy, paying for books will be become suckers territory, or, at best, an act of charity. In rare situations, a business model based on alms can work. Very rare.

With any punishment, the whole family suffers for the sins of one member. The French sanction for piracy isn't different in this respect from any other sanction, civil or criminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
Losing your internet connection is a form of imprisonment.
I don't know about you, but if my child was in jail, I'd feel I was in jail.

If my internet connection dies, I'm not in jail. I'm in the library. I've never been in jail, but I'm sure I like the library better.

Vive la France (and don't be too sure that culture minister will have her way)

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 08-07-2012 at 08:17 PM.
SteveEisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote