View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #28
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
Well, this Gentle Reader is coming a bit late to the party, but I finished Miss Peabody's first adventure today. I liked it well enough that I will carry on with the series, see where it leads. The characters were the big hit for me, they fairly sparkled off the page, particularly in the beginning.

I wasn't surprised by the villain, but there were enough twists that it was still fun. What did surprise me was the ending.

Spoiler:
Maybe Elizabeth Peters didn't plan for it to be a series? The big leap in time and events at the end...catch the miscreants, get on the boat, next thing you know people are having babies all over the place! It felt rushed and just tacked on; I'd have much preferred to make my way throughout courtships, weddings, expeditions either in this book as part of the next one or two.

Anyway, good choice and thanks to those who nominated and voted for this one.
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote