View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #8
mncowboy
Wanderer
mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, PaperWhite 2
This is one issue with saving a Word doc as a filtered web page. It styles everything, and includes all styles in the document, whether they are used or not.
Word doesn't create a css file, it puts the css styles in the head of the document.
In Word I make sure that the styles I want in the final book are set up and used.
When I import the html file into Sigil, the first thing I do is delete everything within the style tags in the head. Then replace <p class="MsoNormal"> with <p>. The style sheet used in Sigil should match the styles in the Word doc. Now that stylesheet will control the styles and text in the file you imported.
Bob
mncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote