Thread: SSH Help
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #69
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjheiss View Post
No, it's over USB, not wifi. I forgot to mention, that telnet connects instantly, although every once in a while it will lose the connection.

Sorry, all these problems and issues with getting stuff to work is frustrating me. :P I'm calm now.
Yes, SSH over USB can be incredibly slow to connect on the DX and DXG as well as the K3. I usually just telnet in to save time. It was explained to me by another developer that this may be due to the version of openssl being used here requiring more CPU power than is available on these devices. SSL authentication requires a lot of CPU power by DESIGN, to make brute-forcing of SSL keys take a long time even with very fast computers. As I understand this, some versions of openssl for embedded systems use weaker security so that small devices can connect more quickly. Perhaps SSH connections can be made faster by using a faster openssl library in a static-linked dropbear package.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-21-2012 at 01:23 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote