View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
Statch
Connoisseur
Statch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PW2, Samsung Galaxy 3, Kindle Fire HD
Do you use Calibre for print books?

I use Calibre to manage all my ebooks, and it's wonderful. I know it has the capability to let me add in the metadata for my print books as well, and I've been thinking about doing that so I can stop using the spreadsheet I currently use to make sure I don't buy books twice . I have about 1700 ebooks in Calibre, and I would have to add the metadata for about 1300 print books to be able to stop using the spreadsheet.

It would be a lot of work, especially since I don't have the ISBNs for the print books in the spreadsheet, so much of it would have to be manual. On the other hand, it would save me the trouble of keeping the ebook records in two places (Calibre and the spreadsheet).

I'm curious to know how many people out there use Calibre to keep records on all your books, not just ebooks?
Statch is offline   Reply With Quote