View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #7
Artificer161
Artificer161 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak 5" Pocket Pro
[QUOTE=eGeezer;1057908]Well, with any luck, Jenifer will ride in on her white steed and continue her work to drive out the demons which seem to be possessing the support folk who appear not to have caught on yet that they are the ones in the best position to make or break Astak in the ereading arena.

Edit: -----------

Oh, my.

EAT THOSE WORDS eGeezer.

It is a brand new packaged unit with cover, charger, USB cable and earbuds, all packaged in separate original plastic bags.
I am astounded.
QUOTE]

Ya lets hope that happens, whatever they are paying the teck support people should be cut in half. Happy to hear you got a new e reader.

[QUOTE=theducks;1057960]My first PEz (first batch, first week), had a bad USB connector, NOT cable. I had bought a spare cable at Fry's, sameo- If I held it just-so I then discovered the the PEz did not play nice with Intel 82801 USB drivers (3 PC's, 3 different Makes and models. All use Intel USB )
QUOTE]

Ya I tried another cable I have for a digital camera here and I seem to be having the same issue with the intel drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
Don't wiggle either or you run the risk of break the USB header on the cable or the port in the PP.
Yes I know have had digital cameras for years. Had a buddy way back when the first digital cameras came out do that, never forgot how much $$$ it cost him to get it fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
My recommendation actually is to call up your friends and ask if anyone has one. Not for you to take, necessarily, but just for you to test with. If using their cable makes the problem go away, then you know its NOT the port inside the unit, and you can breathe a huge sigh of relief that its just a standard cheap cable.

As for Astak's support department? That lack of response is kind of typical. Maybe Jenifer CAN do something, because the fact that we ALL seem to feel that way ain't a good thing.
Ya tried another one, now I have issues with the intel USB drivers. Buying another one is not the issue getting ASTAK to live up to there end of a transaction and replace a defective cable is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
If you have pushed it in enuff, you can hold the reader upsidedown and the cable won't fall out. If it hasn't "snapped" into place, it will, perhaps with a little shake.

You can test it for sure by holding the cable up and see if the ereader falls off, but be sure and have your hand under the ereader, of course.

Either way, if it doesn't separate, it is properly in, and you don't need to try to force it any further.
Yup got it, it’s the cable that came with the unit. Another cable I had here from a digital camera worked fine on a buddys mac book. Just having issues on my desktop now. I think it is what theducks said, not playing nice with the intel USB drivers. Seems to me that is an issue that would be nice to have fixed in a firmware update. Anyone here found a way around this issue on an intel based PC?
Artificer161 is offline   Reply With Quote