View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 06:14 AM   #12
Filmbrain
Connoisseur
Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hmm...I just tried skim. I cropped every page of the PDF right down to the text, even cutting off the page numbers at the bottom. As this is a good scan, all pages are uniform. It looks great in a PDF viewer.

Yet on the Aura, it the pages appear with an extremely wide margin on the right side of the page, and the page overall appears somewhat small. Where is that padding on the right coming from? Have I done something wrong?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louden View Post
Here's my solution...

I use a mac for a desktop - so I use a tool called "skim" to crop my pdfs...

I use this to crop the excess white border around a PDF. I specifically crop them to have an aspect ratio of 3 x 4 (same aspect ratio as the aura hd). This is important so that I can always zoom into a pdf using the zoom button, then set the zoom to the width of the document. The PDF will zoom in to show the entire screen, even lopping off the "Page xxx of xxx" on the bottom of the screen. You wind up with zoomed in, full screen PDF content (usually 108%).

It works great on all those 9x7 pdf technical books....
Filmbrain is offline   Reply With Quote