View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #115
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
For anyone who is willing to take a more daring leap into the unknown, I can recommend a quite inexpensive Chinese tablet , the Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II. It's a very light 7" tablet with a fantastic screen, 16 GB of memory, a microSD card slot, USB port- everything except Bluetooth and GPS for $153 US delivered.

http://www.gadgetgreats.com/ainol-no...-aurora-2.html

I've had mine for a few weeks now and I must admit that it's pretty good. If you go on Slatedroid, there is a forum where others are developing better rom's for the device and working out the quirks. So this is really a tablet for people who like to tinker with the device.

Delivery was only 1 week to Canada. I ordered another for a friend and the delivery was just as prompt, so I believe the company is very reliable.

I also ordered a case off eBay with a built-in usb keyboard, and this works really well, I must say, once you adjust to the tighter layout. The cursor keys will also allow you to jump from icon to icon, like the tab key on your PC, or to scroll thru a long webpage.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Mini-USB-Keyb...02644231763464

It's amazing what you can get for just $10 these days!

By the way, I use my Kobo Touch for most of my reading. The tablet is for web browsing and reading newspapers on line.

Hope this is of interest to some of you.
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote