View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #14
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDD View Post
Fermat proved this to be a bad idea...

(Sorry, I couldn't resist, given the number of mathematicians reading this forum )
I liked that one

Quote:
This [i.e. the famous "Fermat's Last Theorem"] theorem was first conjectured by Pierre de Fermat in 1637, famously in the margin of a copy of Arithmetica where he claimed he had a proof that was too large to fit in the margin.
... and please note, that this theorem remained unproven until the 1990s ... and it was really long and hard - definitely not the proof, that Fermat was talking about.

Last edited by tuxor; 02-14-2012 at 01:10 PM.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote