View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 02:58 AM   #25
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Book Depository oddities

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguefan99 View Post
Ebooks are listed on the side link but because I'm nice here is a direct one

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/category/3390/eBooks

Weird and wonderful. The first time I clicked on the link got taken to a section on Christian books. Dumped browser cache and hit the link again and there were ebooks!

Now get told the 4 books I was interested in were out of stock (from science fiction, fantasy & horror classification). Changed from "all" to "in stock" and dropped from 23431 books to 7716 books. It boggles the mind to think that less than 1/3 of their ebooks are in stock. Whatever "in stock" means to an ebook.

Hmmm... science fiction alone went from 9528 to 2268 -- less than 25%. Though the numbers may be inflated since it appears that every format is counted as a separate book. Sensible enough for physical media but for electronic media?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote