View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 03:00 PM   #64
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
(pokes head in the door wearing as much armor as he could wear to ask an innocent question)

If, instead, a law was passed that was reliable (not subject to possible false accusations) and protected people's privacy but was effective at detecting illegal file-sharing, would it have been acceptable? I realize that without the details of such a hypothetical law, it's hard to say anything at all. But I'm trying to find out how much of people's pretty boisterous objections are simply because it's a law designed to protect intellectual property rights for which you personally may or may not have any respect for.
If something like that could be made to work, then yes, very definitely so.

OK, so I'm not exactly enthralled with how copyright and IP(*) stand right now, but if we're assuming a world in which your law could work, then the issues around copyright etc could also be resolved.

(* Intellectual Property - clarification for geeks like me who automatically translate Ip as Internet Protocol )
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote