View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 11:45 AM   #40
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
To quote myself:

Outside of Dropbox I have multiple other copies of my library.
Right. I read that, and it allows you to restore to the time of the last backup to those copies.

Again, I'm not saying don't do this. It's really convenient. Just be aware that the risk is slightly increased. You have to judge if that risk is worth the convenience. Use it wisely.

Know that if you've made changes on your laptop or home computer, they need to have a connection to the web, and dropbox needs to be responding and have time to receive those changes and send them to the next computer in the chain before you start working on that next computer.

Be cautious about firewalls blocking access to dropbox. Think about daylight saving time changes that may change the dates on two different computers.

Don't rely solely on a backup of your computer made yesterday if that's just a backup of the dropbox account. Make a separate backup of a good and complete copy of the Calibre library, or at least the metadata.db file, which is the most important file in Calibre.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote