View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 04:07 AM   #544
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
thanks for the info - just one question to be sure I am not doing anything wrong: once I have any version of koreader on my device, is it simply a matter of overwriting the koreader directory, or is there anything else I should be doing? (I am still on the 397 build) - I know this is ok if you have used Marksimus 1 step hack, but I just wanted to check whether this applies also for a "standard" installation.
Giorgio posts somewhere that the koreader builds are also meant as 1-step-hacks---at least after you have some way of running scripts s.a. filemonitor.

I found it a better practice to rename the old koreader directory to e.g. koreader397 and copy the new koreader next to it.

If you do not want to move dictionaries and OCR-files(dict and tessdata dirs in koreader/data) every time, the koreader_kobo.sh files allows you to define directories separate from the install:
# export trained OCR data directory
export TESSDATA_PREFIX="../_Dict"

# export dict directory
export STARDICT_DATA_DIR="../_Dict/dict"
This would allow you to store the dict and tessdata dirs in a separate, new directory called _Dict in the .kobo directory.

If you do not want to edit the koreader_kobo.sh script every time you rename and copy, than you could move it to the .kobo directory, too. Just remember to tell filemonitor where it is.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote