Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 07:16 AM   #90
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
No we didn't... or at least I didn't anyway and I haven't seen anyone else mention they did. I'm not sure if we want to either. I do think our Kobo's would last us longer, but we'd still have a bad battery if it is the battery that is bad. If it's the firmware that messes up something in sleep mode, it would be a good workaround (although I don't like waiting for startup) – but it wouldn't help to find out what's going on.
Very fair point

In my mind it was more a way to tell whether the problem is related to the sleep part. With other things being the same (ceteris paribus), for a given person with a given device, does the battery drops as much when turning the reader off and on as it does when putting it to sleep? If it doesn't, then the sleeping process may be at fault. If it does, then the firmware or hardware need more examination.
Of course, things are not that easy and in the end the problem may be created by several things pilling up

Anyway, kudos to all of you for keeping to try and figure the bad battery issue together. Now, that's willpower
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote