View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #56
ab78727
Connoisseur
ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable2 Sony-DPT-S1 iPad9g
Thumbs up

I know this is a forum for debate but the following things stand out for me:

- What is the motivation and expectation of starting a deathwatch on any brand? How would you feel if someone started a deathwatch on you?

- I *never* expected a moderator on this board to engage in, much less initiate, such discussions.

I am under no illusions that this forum would be a BN lovefest but deathwatch and speculation? Really? What could motivate you to do this? If you turn out to be true (and I hope you don't), then what? You will feel vindicated? Smug? You will make money? I genuinely don't understand the motivation, I really don't.

While I have been plenty frustrated with BN (ask me how many hours I spent customizing my HD+ to run free of all the junk that was on it and all the junk that reinstalled itself on every reboot), I do want them to thrive. Why? Cause they are a competitor to Amazon, they support ePubs, and I don't like monopolies. They also have good customer service.

The trouble with BN, IMO, is that some OCD product manager got in charge and made terrible usability decisions based on a very naive understanding of "walled garden". Such people either get thrown off the ship or they end up sinking the ship and swimming away to their next victim. I hope it is the former for BN's sake.
ab78727 is offline   Reply With Quote