View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 12:04 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I want Wifi because I want the Digital Reader to be able to match 3 abilities of a $750 laptop:

1. print using a network printer;
2. send and receive documents from an email account;
3. download and open files from a network hard disk.
If I could get a tablet format PC with a battery life of 20hours I would certainly prefer it to a DR1000 type device. This is due to as you say the capabilities of a PC compared to a dedicated reader.

However, format, weight and battery life are what you are paying the premium for.

Something like this would be nice: http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/produ...listic_st.html but I bet that's gonna cost close to $2000.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote