View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #24
emalvick
Groupie
emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3
Each person is going to have their own wants, and I do think 8GB is low enough that they should provide and SD card slot (or something similar). In fact, that is probably one of the easiest ways to provide expandability. If you don't need more than 8GB, you're set. If you want more, than an additional 8GB is $10 to $20 away.

If I were going on a long trip, then I'd probably want more than 8GB. The cloud does have its limits. I'm a user who likes music, and likes it in FLAC format. I'm not sure that the cloud can really satisfy my needs in terms of this type of format. I'd like it to, but the bandwidth isn't there and too many network providers limit the amount of data that can be transmitted. These are huge limitations that I hope will go away some day.

Unfortunately, this won't ever happen. Amazon is competing with Apple and I don't think Apple has ever added expandability in that regards, and Amazon probably doesn't feel a need to offer more given the price-point their selling at.

Last edited by emalvick; 10-04-2011 at 04:21 PM.
emalvick is offline   Reply With Quote