View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Export Catalog *and* the stored cover?

Hi, gang:

I know that the answer to this is probably staring me in the face and I just don't see it. I use Calibre cataloging to produce "completed books" catalogs for my clients, so I'm not completely unfamiliar with it, and I export it in xml as well.

But I need, for website updating purposes, to be able to export my metadata AND the dreaded covers. Not the path to the cover; the cover itself that I have sitting in Calibre, or a way to collect them easily. I can't just stick them all in a single folder/dir, as they're all named "cover.jpg;" has anyone here come up with a way to easily grab them and collect them somewhere by concatenating file names, e.g., "The Tempest cover.jpeg," or somesuch? Otherwise, every method I can think of results in data collision, as all the handy covers have the same name.

Thoughts, anyone? This isn't terminal, I can do it manually...but with hundreds of books to update, digging down 7 layers to get to the eponymous "cover.jpg" is a pain.

TIA,
Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote