View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidyboyd View Post
Thanks for the reply Robko much appreciated, ill probably go for the larger one in that case although it does raise a question for me, why is a smaller 6inch screen too small dont the ereaders just reflow the text to a manageable size anyway?
Yes, reflow will likely work if your PDF's are almost all text and are NOT scanned as images (if you can select the text with Adobe Reader you're good). I don't think of reflow because the PDF's I do use wouldn't reflow well anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidyboyd View Post
I don't suppose you have much experience of using an ereader without the new backing backing lights like the ones on the i62 or the kindle paperwhite? Is using an external light intrusive to reading? Sometimes I'd like to read in the dark and spending 300+ euro on something that I can buy for a third of the price for me has to tick all the boxes
I did start off with a non-lit reader. With the older technology good lighting is a must (in my experience I needed more light than with a paper book). I never felt the need for a external light though (always just used a lamp) so I can't comment on that. I can say that while I bought my current reader (Kobo Glo) for reasons other than the front-light, and I didn't really figure I'd use the light, I always leave it on while reading. It just gives that extra little bit of light and evens things out and makes reading easier.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote