View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #10
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
I found that Czech e-shop has M92 (with cover, electricity supply and 2 year warranty) for cca 320 EUR (incl. VAT) + postage. It should be standard M92 into which it is possible install "Booxstor" firmware.

It is still more exspensive than bare M92 from Arta Tech, but quite close, mainly if you consider aditional cost for cover.

But their pages are in Czech and I do not know if they sell internationaly.
https://www.geekbook.cz/
It is always a kind of dilemma with those prices.

I know sales trends and quantities of Artatech and other distributors.

Russian distributor MacCentre is the biggest dealer of M92 devices because of exclusive rights for russian market (even their prices with EUR362 are higher than ours and hardware is cheaper).

Artatech also sells much more M92 devices than we do. I guess in first line because of dumping prices and excellent tactic with acquiring onyxboox.com domain (where they pretend to many prospective customers beeing an official Onyx representative office) and selling accessories separately.

In my opinion that situation is similar to issues with Bio products in supermarkets. Almost everybody claims to be against industrial manufacturing of foods, but nobody is really ready to pay a little bit more for Bio products made on small Bio farms.

When I read such posts I think we are also under compulsion to lower our prices dramatically and start dumping wars.

In this case we will be more concentrated on sales, than on spending time being attentive to our customers (and other users of same products) and just hope eventually, that user wishes and issues in the software will improve on its own (or someone else will take care about it) ...

Somehow it was not really my kind of doing business. Seems I was wrong with it. I was disabused - sales quantities are more important and we have to do it like our competitors do..

I would like to hear your opinion..
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote