Thread: I love Sigil
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #6
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@theducks - I don't know your scrollbar issue (it doesn't happen for me on windows) but it must be a Qt thing. What Qt version are you using? Is it in the issues log? You are the only person I know who would right click on a scrollbar it must be said

The good news is that many of the known crashing issues have been fixed for the next version. I can sympathise with kamanza and others. Sigil 0.5.3 on Windows isn't too flash if your workflow happens to need those few actions which are bugged.

The also good news is that the next version (quite different to the 0.5.9 beta last seen!) is being worked on daily and the known issues list is shrinking. There's a lot of long wanted fixes, features and new cool stuff in my completely biased opinion.

The bad news is that unless you know how to build from source you can't get your grubby mitts on it quite yet. And there is no target date yet for that next beta cycle as we are still developing/testing/reviewing it.

I know it looks pretty quiet as a user on the outside, but having spent the last few weeks working with the stirling efforts of Dave on some changes/fixes I can tell you there is a lot going on...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote